- 28-Sep-2012 to 09-Dec-2013 (PST)
- Monterey, CA, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Sewer/Sewing Machine Operator
LOCATION: Monterey, CA
CLASSIFICATION: Regular/Full Time/Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for assembling garment parts and join parts with basting stitches, using needles and thread or sewing machines. Must be able to cut, trim, sew, hand stitch, iron garment parts according to the company demand. Able to operate sewing machine or other stitching machines safely and properly. Responsible for inspecting finished product and do finishing touches to ensure proper quality assurance is observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attach/Sew shirt/tie components and pass on to the next operator.
- Operates sewing machine in safe manner.
- Turn and Iron shirt components as needed.
- Must match components based on order and size.
- Complete other shirt/tie production tasks involved in the day to day operations of the Shirt/Tie Production Department carefully and efficiently.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned
- Solid record of attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Must be reliable.
- Meet or exceed performance factors indicated on ROBERT TALBOTT, INC. Performance Appraisal form.
- Establish and maintain effective channels of communications with the Human Resources Department staff, CEO/President, co‑workers, clients, affiliates, vendors, and all other business contacts.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client and business operations information.
- Use equipment and materials in a safe and acceptable manner, following established safety procedures, using appropriate safeguards, and observing common sense rules of safety in all on‑the‑job activities.
- Conduct self in a manner reflecting credit on ROBERT TALBOTT, INC. and encourage others to do the same.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma/GED, preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least two years of sewing experience, and/or a combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of sewing machine equiptment
- Ability to respond to, understand and follow instructions in English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met (or may be encountered) by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, & the ability to adjust focus. The requirements of this job include extensive use of the computer and phone.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!